A popular upgrade to Vibe Kayaks is the Vibe Deck Pad Kit. Deck padding can supply you with a more comfortable, more quiet, and less slippery adventure. It is made from a high quality 5mm EVA foam with 3M adhesive backing. These kits not only upgrade the look of your kayak, but after feeling how much more comfortable it makes the boat feel, you will be a believer too.
Install is relatively simple:
You will need a few items including:
- Soap and water
- A spray bottle with a 50% water 50% isopropyl rubbing alcohol
- Some paper towel or a rag
- (Optional) 3M adhesion promoter
- Clean up the deck of your boat with soap and water, getting the large pieces of dirt and grime off, if your boat is brand new you can skip this step.
- Use the alcohol mix to spray down and clean the deck thoroughly, the adhesive needs a nice clean surface to adhere properly.
- (Optional step) apply adhesion promoter to the deck where the pads will be going, follow the directions on the product.
- While letting the boat dry, lay out your deck pad pieces so you know where they will be placed, they only fit one way, and doing this will help you do it efficiently once the backing is peeled.
- One piece at a time, peel the backing and place it firmly in place, smoothing from the middle out to the edges as you apply even pressure. Moving from piece to piece.
- (Optional step) Giving the adhesive ample time to cure under even pressure is the best way to ensure that it will stay stuck. To do this, place a tarp on the deck of the boat and fill the tarp with water, this water will apply even pressure to the pad and the tarp will keep the fresh adhesive dry. Let this sit for 8-12 hours to cure the adhesive.
And that is all there is to it. After the adhesive has cured you can go hit the water without any concern. Enjoy the fresh new look and feel of your Vibe Kayak!